It’s Honeymoon Time! My Top 10 Travel Essentials
It is hard to believe our honeymoon is here! Carey and I are headed to Kenya and the Seychelles for two weeks of honeymoon bliss. Finally! We decided to do our honeymoon months after our wedding for many reasons including busy work schedules and the fact that we loved the idea of going when NYC is at its coldest.
We are both adventurers, so we knew we wanted to go somewhere that includes both unique activities as well as rest and relaxation. I spend a tremendous amount of time in Africa with UNICEF and Carey has never been, so I am thrilled he finally gets to experience my favorite continent! We will be spending a couple of days working with children in the field with UNICEF, a couple of days on safari at Sala’s Camp and at Giraffe Manor and will end our trip relaxing on the beach at the Four Seasons in the Seychelles. While I will not be doing a post next week, I can promise you honeymoon posts sharing details of our trip upon my return!
Below you will find my top 10 travel essentials. These are items I can’t live without! Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions as well.
Top 10 Travel Essentials:
1. Paravel Monogrammed Grand Tour Bag – There is no better bag for traveling! It is functional and chic and the best part is you can monogram it!
2. Shhh Silk Marble Mini Travel Pillow – I always need a comfortable small pillow for long flights. This one is by far my favorite one I own because the marble print pillowcase is a soft, luxurious silk, the pillow is the ideal firmness and it comes with its own malleable bag so it is easy to travel with!
3. Slip Silk Sleep Mask – This mask is a must! It feels incredible and won’t let any light slip through!
4. Moscow Mule Carry On Cocktail Kit – Do I need to say more?
5. Leatherology Monogrammed Luggage Tags – Our travel agent gave this to us as a honeymoon gift and we LOVE them! They make any bag look chic AF.
6. Frends Layla Headphones – These headphones not only cancel out noise, but they are incredibly chic! I get compliments every time I use them.
7. Skin Inc Daily Dose Serum – I don’t know about you, but my skin gets incredibly dry when I fly. This serum is a life-saver! When you dab it on your face, you will be immediately refreshed.
8. L’occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream – My hands also tend to get extremely dry when I travel, so I always turn to my favorite hand cream to keep them moisturized.
9. Elon Musk Book by Ashlee Vance – I am currently in the middle of reading this book and loving it! I love to read and rarely have time to anymore, so I always bring a few books along when I travel. It is such a great way to make a long flight feel shorter.
10. Olly Restful Sleep Gummies – Out of all of the melatonin supplements I have tried, these are the most effective! Added bonus: they taste great!